Saturday, May 23, 2009

It take a VILLAGE to have a baby!!

My experience having Ruby was nothing but positive. 
I worked with a doula, a midwife, an acupunturist, chiropractor, homeopath 
and a massage therapist to name a few of those in my "village"

My midwife Mary is truly amazing. She is like family now to Dave and I.  When we found out Ruby was breech, Mary helped us with resources to help "turn" the baby.  She showed up at the hospital for my external version and massaged my feet during the painful procedure.
Although she could not perform my c-section, she was still there at the hospital afterwards to offer support.  Check out the awesome resources at her website:

http://www.villagemidwife.com/

Mary practices out of Metro Partners for Women's Health in Novi.
She delivers babies at the Alternative Birthing Center at Providence Southfield.
Mary is a certified Nurse Practitioner and is covered by insurance.
:) Maria

No comments: