Monday, February 22, 2010

Vitmain D

Vitamin D is VITAL for You -- and for Your Family's Health, Too*

family health

Having too little vitamin D may not have any outwardly obvious signs. Yet vitamin D (specifically the vitamin D3 form) impacts an incredible array of support for systems and functions in your body...

  • Heart health*
  • Cell formation and cell longevity*
  • Skin health*
  • Pancreatic health*
  • Aging process*
  • Sleep patterns*
  • Hearing*
  • Reproductive health*
  • Athletic performance*
  • Eye health*
  • Vascular system health*
  • Respiratory health*
  • Immune health*... Most people feel in better health during the summer sunshine months -- ever wonder why?
  • Healthy mood and feelings of well-being*
  • Weight management, including carbohydrate and fat metabolism*
  • Hair and hair follicles*
  • Strong and healthy bones, because vitamin D encourages calcium uptake*
  • Muscles*
  • Proper digestion and food absorption*

Since healthy levels of vitamin D protect and promote so many of your body's functions, a deficiency may mean your body lacks the tools it needs to keep you in optimal health*...

Making sufficient vitamin D a very important issue for you to address!

Because naturally, you want to be at your peak so you feel great, and accomplish so much each and every day.*


This year, I added a vitamin D supplement to my family's diet and it has done wonders. I decided not to give the flu shot to my family for personal reasons so I wanted to find ways to boost my children's immune system naturally. I discovered a few things I could do but I really believe the vitamin d has made the biggest difference.

Studies show that vitamin D could be more effective then the flu shot. Last year, by this time, we were on our fourth or fifth virus/flu. Other then some sniffles, not one person in my family has been sick. That goes for my extended family as well...they have also been taking the supplement. Maybe it is luck... Maybe we will get sick next week... I am not sure. All I know is that we are having a remarkably healthier winter. I also would like to add that my twin sons are in their first year of pre-school. I thought for sure we would be hit with a few bugs this winter, but so far so good.

Please talk with your doctor if you decide to take the supplement. Be sure to take D3 and not D2. If you have also seen success with this supplement, please comment and let us know.

Please share your immune boosting secrets in the comments section!! :)

Thank you,

Danielle


1 comment:

christina said...

we also take Vit D supplements, and it carried us all the way through until about a month ago. I had a 2-day flu (nothing too bad though, just fever/achy) and my girls and I both got upper respiratory infections a couple weeks later, although my kids had been to the mall play area and my husband had been in the hospital during that time and I think it's near impossible not to bring something home from one of those two places!! So overall, it was also a healthier winter for us, and like Danielle - I was expecting the worst w/ starting preschool.